Monday 5 January 2009

First real retirement day

This is my daytime retirement companion, Poppy. She likes to have the phone handy in case she needs me to open more food at any time.

My main companion - SWMBO - continues to work in the NHS, as a Consultant Clinical Scientist in order to keep me in the manner to which I have become accustomed.

Her main instructions (for now) for my retirement are not to let my already low standards fall any further. This means no tracksuit bottoms or trainers it seems.

This morning is my first real day of retirement as we went away on Friday 2nd January for a short break in Essex (more later) - and it's a very good morning to be staying indoors as it is snowing quite heavily.

The gas men are here today 'power flushing' our central heating system as we have one radiator which never gets warm and all the others only get lukewarm. Not a good morning to have the doors open as it is bloomin' cold. At least I didn't have to have the day off work to let them in!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: