Saturday 24 March 2018

Retinal Detachment - "Posturing"

Posturing is the actual term for the regime of lying with your head down, on the left or on the right following surgery. As I've mentioned, I had to be face down for 12 hours a day for 10 days - how can I forget it? (I'm not letting you forget it either!)
I was allowed a break of 15 minutes each hour to wash, eat and carry out any other essential tasks.
You would not believe how quickly that 15 minutes went by and how slowly the next 45 minutes dragged by. Keeping track of time is almost impossible so I invested in a talking watch which was very good indeed. I don't think Saffie the cat thought much to having the time announced at regular intervals by a very strange voice.
Next is a visit back to the consultant to see how he thinks everything has gone so far.

No comments: