Tuesday 13 March 2018

Retinal Detachment - Diagnosis

I had been having deteriorating eyesight in my left eye following complications after cataract surgery where the lens capsule was getting more and more opaque.
I had an appointment for simple laser surgery to correct this at Luton & Dunstable hospital one Saturday morning. On the Thursday evening before the appointment I suddenly lost all sight in the eye and naively thought the opaqueness had suddenly got a lot worse. At the appointment the consultant diagnosed a badly torn and completely detached retina and referred me to Addenbrookes hospital near Cambridge as L & D do not do retinal surgery.
I went to Addenbrookes on the following Tuesday and was scheduled for emergency surgery the following day.
To be continued...(sorry for any typing errors!)

No comments: