Sunday 15 March 2009

Almost to France

As you may have gathered from the last post, we crossed the Thames yesterday and went to Kent to visit two of SWMBO's aunts.
Always on the lookout for a good reason to visit a pub, I found
"The Coastguard" on t'internet.




















The Coastguard is at St.Margaret's Bay near Dover and its claim to fame is that it is the closest pub in England, to France.
I dined on freshly caught 'day boat' cod - from Folkestone or Deal I assume - which was fried in Hoegaarden beer batter, and served with 'twice fried' chips. It was hard to remember when I had a better plate of fish and chips. Not cheap as it's a 'Gastro Pub', but very good. SWMBO had fish pie was was also reported to be excellent.















By definition, I guess this is the closest cat in England, to France?


Further details by following this clickylink
Posted by Picasa

No comments: