Thursday 12 November 2009

Thames interruption No.2

Apologies...I should have posted this yesterday - you'll see why.
This is the Redbourn War Memorial.














This is the Remembrance Day exhibition which I have been compiling over the last many months.
There are now three folders with information about the Redbourn men who were lost in WW1 and WW2.














The video which is playing is a compilation of "Mr Heather's" films of the Remembrance Day parades from 1949, 1950 and 1951. The display case contains medals and a wallet which was given to all servicemen who returned to Redbourn, with the village's thanks.














Luckily, two days before the exhibition, I was offered the tin helmet and gas mask shown below, which added a lot to my display - well, I thought so anyway!














Back to The Thames next...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: