Tuesday 31 May 2016

Cataract - what?

It's exactly a week since my cataract surgery.
It all started with a routine visit to the opticians - just like the last 50 odd years. I knew I needed new lenses in my glasses but wasn't prepared for being told that the optician couldn't correct the sight in my left eye!
There was a cataract which was obscuring the view of the back of my eye where there was possibly also 'cellophane maculopathy' otherwise known as 'wrinkly retina'.
I was referred to the ophthalmology department at Luton & Dunstable Hospital.
After having my appointment cancelled once, I was seen and underwent a whole array of tests and hi-tech scans before seeing the consultant. He sent me for yet another scan before being able to tell me that it was 'only' a cataract and he would put me on the waiting list. "How long is the waiting list" I asked. "About two weeks" he said. Blimey.

The story continues next time...

No comments: