Thursday 24 November 2011

Ocado - didn't you read my mushroom post?

Had an Ocado delivery last night and was tempted by their Mumbai Spice Banquet Box (Yes, being lazy). Unfortunately they chose to substitute this with their Punjabi Thali which contains Mushroom Rice! I would normally pick out the bits of mushroom but this contained mushroom paste which made that a little difficult. So, no rice for me. I could easily have cooked some but as the box came with two naan breads, I decided I didn't really need rice. The Mumbai box is apparently available even now, so I don't know what happened.
The 'couldn't deliver an alternative' section was quite unbelievable. I ordered Hovis white sliced bread and they reckoned they didn't have any other white (sliced?) bread to replace it with. I ordered double cream and they had no alternative - what about single cream or a second long-life double cream which I had ordered and received anyway?
Needless to say (you know me) they have received an email and I will let you know what their response is.

No comments: